Grimes is located on the northwest side of Greater Des Moines area. It offers the amenities of city living while maintaining all the advantages of a small hometown. Convenient to highways, businesses, it is perfect place for active people to live. Here are some highlights:
Sports and Recreation
Find all there is about sports at the Grimes Community Complex. Including summer Rec Program and numerous community programs. There is something for everyone.
- There are 2 Sports Parks located on the north and south end of the city which includes a skate park, soccer fields, and baseball fields.
Indoor and Outdoor Activities
- Easy access to Saylorville Lake for watersports of all shapes and sizes
- Beaver Creek Golf Course 27 hole course and driving range
- Climb Iowa, home of 10,000 square feet of rock climbing
The Grimes Public Library is a place to connect with the community in person and online. It is located inside of the Grimes Community Complex located on Main Street.
Business and Economic Development
Grimes is a growing community that has proven to be a destination for individuals and families just seeking a growing progressive community that provides all the tools that give the best chance for a lifetime of opportunity, both professionally and privately.
- The Chamber of Commerce includes hundreds of local businesses and organizations, who provide a variety of services, jobs, and valuable tax base for the community.
- There is a YP Grimes, young professionals group, created to allow a local opportunity for networking with one another for their own personal development and community development.
Grimes partners with Dallas Center to form the Dallas Center-Grimes Community School District which brings students from both Polk and Dallas County.
- The high school (grades 10 through 12)
- Meadows (grades 8 and 9) form a campus located outside Grimes
- Middle school (grades 6 and 7) in Dallas Center
- 4 elementary schools all in Grimes.
- Portions of the community are also served by the Johnston Community School District. Primarily areas on the east side of Iowa Highway 141/Grimes Boulevard.