Ankeny is north of the metropolitan area it has one of the areas fastest growing housing markets. Many successful businesses have settled in Ankeny, attracted by its highly skilled and educated workforce. Residents have great opportunities to work a short distance from their homes. A half hour drive to Iowa State University and compute to downtown Des Moines puts this community in a great location. Here are some highlights to share.
Parks and Rec Programs
Unique Park Finds http://www.pageturnpro.com/City-of-Ankeny/77492-Ankeny-Parks-Recreation-2017-FallWinter-Program-Guide/default.html#page/1
- Skate Park |1400 NW Prairie Ridge Drive
- Disc Golf Course| 300 NE Frisk Drive
- Dog Park |1155 SW Ankeny Rd
- Otter Creek Golf Course | 4100 Ne Otter Creek Drive | 515-965-6464
Otter Creek Golf Course– Link style golf, clubhouse, dinning, events and wedding venue.
- Ankeny Art Center– Exhibition, classes, camps, annual craft/art fair
- Kirkendall Public Library– A new library is also in the plans for the town square district at Prairie Trail
Dinning / Lodging / Retail– Plenty of restaurants of all styles and price points cater to residents and visitors, and there is a large selection of hotels and inns serving the city. Shopping includes local boutiques and familiar high-end stores.
- District at Prairie Trail – Dinning, shopping and entertainment. A new luxury theatre is expected in 2018
City of Ankeny Website
Chamber of Commerce Website