The following post is from the guest, Curtis Fisher from TradesBright.org. Tradesbright highlights the many stories of tradespeople who’ve gone above and beyond by using their skills to better their communities and help their neighbors. Photo: Pexels
Whether you’re looking to own a long-term or short-term rental property, having a basic understanding of all it entails is the first step to success. There are things to know and do before you make the purchase, as well as ways to manage and market your property that can help you come out good on your investment. Home Sweet Des Moines offers these helpful resources to get you started:
Before You Buy a Property
- So You Want to Be a Landlord
- 8 Helpful Tips for Finding the Right Real Estate Investor Mentor
- 10 Ways to Pick the Best Location for Your First Investment Property
- Connect with Home Sweet Des Moines to Find the Perfect Place
The Tax and Legal Implications
- Should You Create an LLC For Your Rental Property?
- Create an Iowa Limited Liability LLC Online
- What Legal Requirements are Needed to Start a Business?
- State-by-State Short-Term Rental Regulations
Keeping Your Rental in Good Shape
- Basic Landlord Responsibilities & Duties: The Ultimate Guide
- Five Ways To Increase The Value Of Your Rental Property
- 7 Tips to Keep Your Rental Property Safe and Increase Security
The Ultimate Rental Property Management Company Guide
- Vacation Rental Management: DIY or Hire A Property Manager?
Marketing Your Rental
- How to Create a Free Website for your Rental Property
- How to Write an Impressive Rental Listing for Your Property
10 Ways to Find a Good Renter for Your Home
10 Game-Changing Tips To Attract Better Guests & Gain 5-Star Reviews
- Photography Tips for Your Rental Listing
Arming yourself with a little real estate investment knowledge can make all the difference when it comes to buying, managing, and marketing your first rental property. While there is a lot to it, you may find that you enjoy it and that you can supplement your income significantly. This list of resources is a great place to start, but be sure to keep learning as much as you can so that you can make the most of your investment.
Ready to leap into the world of investment property in Des Moines? Tap into the experience of real estate experts Nora Crosthwaite and Tawnia Martin of Home Sweet Des Moines to find the best property for your needs.