Waukee, the western most suburbs of Des Moines is one of the areas fastest growing communities. Located west of Interstate 35 and straddling Interstate 80. Waukee is a great place for top rated schools, homes and new businesses. New homes in a variety of sizes and styles are available. Check out some of the top activities, amenities and future plans that Waukee has to offer.
Parks and Recreation
Waukee Parks & Recreationprovides many programs throughout the year that appeal to participants of all age. With 10 parks and more than 19 miles of trails, including the popular Raccoon River Valley Trail there is adventure around the corner.
- Historic Triangle Parka half-acre park nestled in the heart of downtown Waukee featuring a large gazebo and serving as host to many community events throughout the year.
- Centennial Parks 33-acre park has ball diamonds, playgrounds, sand volleyball courts, a basketball court, and much more. It hosts the Waukee festival annually in June.
Sports / Golf Courses / Health Clubs
- Sugar Creek Golf Courseis a nine-hole, Par 34 golf course including a driving range, putting green and chipping area.
- Waukee Family YMCA– Programs include: youth sports, child care, day camp, aquatics, and wellness. All local Ys, work together and give both families and individuals year-round activities and fitness
- Waukee Librarylocated at 950 Warrior Lane has something for everyone.Book clubs, teens, home school families and events.
Waukee Government and Business Development
The school district is expanding rapidly, with Radiant Elementary opening Fall of 2019, and a second new high school opening Fall of 2021 Waukee Community School Districthas all the information on locations, registration and programs
- Preschools / Childcare
- Public, Private, and Daycare are abundant and available. List from org
- For the list of Iowa services/regulations: iowa.gov/licensure-and-registration