The Beaverdale neighborhood is one of the largest of the recognized neighborhoods in the city of Des Moines. It extends from Forest Avenue at its southernmost border to the city limits at its northern border. Beaverdale is 10 minutes from downtown Des Moines and has convenient access to 80/35 highway. The neighborhood association hosts many events throughout the year. Here are some highlights to share.
Beaverdale has four beautiful parks: All parks are spacious and have playgrounds and picnic facilities.
- Beaverdale Park– connects to the Inter-Urban Bike Trail
- Ashby Park– features two tennis courts, plus a splash pool for children
- Westchester Park
- Witmer Park– pond for public fishing, a walking path, two tennis courts, and a ball field backstop
- Northwest Aquatic Centeris located next to Hoover High School. The pool has a water slide, a splash zone for kids and shaded area. Des Moines Parks and Recreation holds swimming lessons at the aquatic center during the summer.
Public Library and Community Center
- The Franklin Avenue Library is a Des Moines Public Library. It hosts many events and programs for children, teenagers and adults, and has meeting rooms available to the public.
- The Northwest Community Centeris located just west of the Franklin Avenue Library.
Retail / Dinning / Entertainment
Beaverdale is in the Des Moines Public School district. You can find more information about the locations, open enrollment, and registration processes at the Des Moines Public Schools website. Also there is Holy Trinity Catholic School for Kindergarten through 8th grade.
Beaverdale Neighborhood Association – There are several community and local events within the area, check out the calendar at www.beaverdale.org